- Organising for Safety (Understanding legal responsibilities, enforcing authorities, hazard identification and control)
- The Workplace (Safe place of work, safe behaviour, hidden and specific hazards including working at height, asbestos, confined spaces and permit to work
- Tools, Plant and Machinery
- Health (Risks and controls for substances hazardous to health)
- Procedures (Need and benefits)
- The Environment (Safe storage and waste control)
Multiple Choice Assessment
On completion of the course, delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing an assessment paper
- Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within health, safety & the environment
- Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when change to a generic assessment is required
- Understand the common hazards associated with work
SPA Core Construction (CSCS) passport
Under the CSCS card scheme, anyone wishing to apply for a CSCS Labourers Green Card must first attend a level 1 Health & Safety in a construction environment course.
This course is offered to satisfy that requirement. On successful completion, a certificate is issued which can then be submitted when applying for the CSCS Green Card.