- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident occurs
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient
- Treatment of cardiac arrest by delivering CPR
- Treatment of bleeding
- Treatment of choking
- Recognition of common childhood illnesses and appropriate care
- Simple record keeping and contents of a first aid box
2 Day Course
9:00AM to 4:00PM
On successful completion of the course, (full attendance and continual assessment), each candidate will receive an A4 certificate valid for 3 years.
This course is designed for people who are working in the childcare sector. The programme has been designed to meet the requirements of the National Child Minding Association (NCMA), Pre-school Learning Alliance (PLA), and OFSTED for early years first aid provision.
The programme also meets with the Health and Safety First Aid Regulations 1981. Any member of an organisation or company who is involved with the care of children and infants should receive a level of first aid training.