The safety of our staff and visitors is our top priority, to remain a COVID-Secure workplace that you can feel safe in, we have introduced measures to ensure we are doing everything possible to facilitate this.
How we are protecting visitors
- Visitors asked to remain outside until invited into the building one at a time.
- Face coverings (mask, scarf, visor) are required for all visitors when moving around the building. We respect those unable to cover their nose and mouth.
- All visitors to complete a short questionnaire about COVID-19 symptoms and contact details. This will be stored securely for 21 days for test and trace purposes and then destroyed.
- NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app QR code available for check-in scanning
- Anyone who has symptoms, lives with someone with symptoms or has been contacted by NHS Test and Trace will be asked to go home.
- Hand sanitising gel, hand wipes and washing facilities available
- Regular reminders to clean hands and maintain 2m social distancing
Protecting delegates and trainers
- Courses limited to six to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- Training desks (where required) and chairs kept at least 2m apart
- Trainers will monitor adherence of hand hygiene measures.
- Alcohol wipes, hand sanitiser gel will be available throughout the course and frequent breaks encouraged.
- If pens are required you will be issued with a pen, this is yours to use and keep.
- Internal doors left open, except for the toilet doors.
- Regular additional sanitising of toilets, door handles and handrails throughout the day.
- Where appropriate windows will be opened for added ventilation.
Lunch and refreshments
- Delegates should bring in their own lunch in a cool bag.
- Tea and coffee making facilities are available, people should only make their own drink and ensure there is only one person at a time in the refreshment area. Sanitiser is available, we ask you to use it before making your drink.
- Dirty cups should be left on your table and not in the refreshment area.
- Our grazing station has been removed, however individually-wrapped biscuits and treats are provided.
First Aid Training at Browns Health and Safety during the current pandemic
To enable us to deliver the required content of the practical element needs to be completed, this cannot be done with 2m social distancing, however the following procedures will be put in place.
- Each delegate will have their own manikin which only they will use.
- Each manikin will have fresh lungs each day.
- Face shields and hygiene wipes will be provided.
- For practical sessions, we will provide fluid resistant surgical masks that meet the standards required for PPE. These must be worn during practical exercises not involving a manikin.
What if I start to feel unwell while attending a course?
If someone develops COVID-19 symptoms while on a course, we will ask you to self-isolate and inform other delegates. All delegates will be asked at the end of their course to tell us if they develop symptoms so our reporting measures will allow us to identify anyone on the same course to inform them.
If you have any queries or require any further information, please contact Karen@brownshealthandsafety.co.uk or Mandy@brownshealthandsafety.co.uk.