Fire Marshal Training17th March 2014 | Training Course
A Fire Marshal needs to be able to keep calm and act effectively in an emergency in order to save lives and reduce the risk and damage to property.
To equip a candidate with an understanding of their role in reporting/reducing fire risks; how to identify common workplace fire hazards; the skills and confidence to carry out the correct procedures when a fire arises. Take part in a hands-on practical exercise using a variety of fire extinguishers safely.
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and Fire Risk Assessment
- The Importance of Fire Safety
- Understanding the Fire Marshal’s role
- Basic Fire Prevention
- Fire Hazard Identification and Reporting(Utilising actual photographs & videos of events or your own premises)
- Building fire protection
- Evacuation procedures – Your Action Plan & taking initial control in an emergency situation
- The Basic Chemistry of Combustion – “the Fire Safety Triangle”
- Understanding Fire Extinguishers and which type is used in which circumstances
Practical Session – use of at least 2 different types of fire extinguishers and a fire blanket.
Our next course is Wednesday 12th December 2014 9.30am – 12.30pm
Only £50.00 + VAT per person. Call 01455 203600 and speak to Karen or Mandy to book your place.