- The way we were in 1930s v 2010
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Safety Offences Act
- Health and Safety Act 1974
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Civil and Criminal Liability Cases
Short multiple choice assessment
3 hour Course
To provide a sound understanding of employer’s responsibilities, enabling improvements to business sustainability; as well as assisting in complying with current health and safety legislation.
Certificate of attendance
This course is intended for Directors and Senior Managers. There is a requirement on the employer by law to provide a safe place of work.
- Foundations in health & safety
- Health and safety management systems (Plan, Do, Act, Check)
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
2 exams & 1 practical
12 Day Course
(One day per week for 12 weeks)
Develop an in depth understanding of potential risks and general health and safety which can help prevent loss of life and any injuries.
Basic understanding of Health and Safety recommended
NEBOSH General Certificate
The NEBOSH General is designed for personnel within the health and safety industry who are responsible for the safety of a team of people. This helps to develop an in depth understanding of potential risks and general health and safety which can help prevent and loss of life and any injuries.
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing Risks
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Understanding Hazards
- Investigating Incidents
- Measuring Performance
Final Written Exam
Project (to be completed within a 2 week period after the course ends)
4 Day Course
To ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers and to enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to make the department work more safely. Delegates will gain a better and more practical understanding of the Health and Safety legislation under pinning the day-to-day management of work related tasks.
Basic knowledge of Health and Safety recommended
This course is for anyone in an organisation (for example supervisors and line managers) who have to manage risk and resources and to give them the knowledge and skills they require to address risks and hazards In the workplace.